The role of BAMT
Professional members of BAMT are encouraged to use BAMT’s Guide to Professional Practice.
BAMT also provides guidance on aspects of music therapy practice. This guidance aims to help practitioners, employers and members of the public understand what constitutes ‘good practice’ in music therapy. Following the Guide and this guidance should help ensure that practitioners more than meet minimum standards of practice.
Currently BAMT has the following guidance documents available:
- Guide to Professional Practice (previously the APMT Code of Ethics)
- Guidelines for Freelance Music Therapy work- Revised Sept 2012
- Supervision/Consultation Register Guidelines
- Guidance on CPD
- Guidance on Health and Safety
- Guidance on Returning to Practice
- Guidance on Personal Fitness, Health and Hearing (in preparation)
- Guidance on Clinical Supervision
- Guidance on Professional Titles - Draft (2 Apr 2013)
BAMT intends to consult with its professional membership and other organisations on this guidance to ensure it remains up to date. If you would like to comment, please contact BAMT - firstname.lastname@example.org.