Leading Note is our online publication (Online from August 2017) and is the official magazine of the British Association for Music Therapy. Submissions to Leading Note are welcome from BAMT members and related professionals about topics relevant to the field of music therapy such as professional issues, practice, research, theory and skill sharing.
About the Editor
Helen Lane trained at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama and currently specialises in neuro-disability and PMLD (children).
Leading Note Remit
- To provide a written forum to encourage the exchange and discussion of ideas and information relating to music therapy practice in the UK;
- To help continue to support and facilitate the open and inclusive culture of music therapy in the UK;
- To share resources useful to music therapists in the UK;
- To share news of importance to the music therapy community in a framework that highlights clinical practice and theory.
Deadlines will be announced via monthly bulletins, but submissions are welcome throughout the year, and will be held for the next appropriate edition.
The next submission deadline18th March 2022.
Please read the following guidelines carefully before writing your article for submission.
- Include your full name, contact details, and a one sentence biography;
- Include a title for your article;
- Articles in English will be accepted;
- All references to be cited in Harvard style;
- Articles to be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Maximum submission lengths are as follows:
- News items and special announcements - 350 words
- Tools and techniques - 1000 words
- Focus articles (Focus themes will be announced well in advance of submission deadlines) - 2000 words
- BAMT member interview - 1000 words
- Students' Corner - 500-1000 words
- Poems, art and reflections - 1000 words
Graphics and Photographs
- Photographs must be at least 300dpi/500kb;
- Include caption and photo credit e.g. A client and therapist in a music therapy session in a Child Development Centre. © 2008 BAMT, Courtesy of BAMT.
- Where appropriate, consent must be gained to use photos of any clients and colleagues for the purposes of Leading Note, and you must send a completed consent form in addition to your article submission.