We welcome music therapists interested in working with patients in disorders of consciousness, and music therapy students. This course may also be of interest to other allied health professionals and those exploring music therapy as a career.
The day will include an overview of music therapy input with patients in disorders of consciousness, techniques and use of MATADOC (Music Therapy Assessment Tool for Awareness in Disorders of Consciousness) both with adults and children.
The course will also include
- case study presentations
- discussion of auditory and sensory environments
- clinical group sessions with this client population
- an update on current research
- a workshop
- Lead facilitator
- Rosanne Tyas, Professional Lead for Music Therapy
- Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability
Cost £120 (student rate £80)
Visit this page for more information.